How Pret is responding to COVID-19
Dear Pret Customers,
Thank you for making Pret a part of your everyday life. We are living in unprecedented times, and as the everyday is rapidly changing, I want to reassure you that everyone at Pret is devoted to the safety and well-being of our customers and our teams.
We are excited to announce that we began re-opening our shops for take-away and delivery. The following shops have opened and will offer organic coffee, a select menu of freshly prepared food, & groceries which we know have become more difficult to come by. All of the below shops will be open from 8:30am-3pm Monday-Friday:
New York City:
- Union Square (857 Broadway)
- 116th & Broadway (2955 Broadway)
- 70th & York (1320 York Avenue)
- 179 Broadway
- Hudson & Charlton (350 Hudson Street)
- 41st & Sixth (1071 6th Avenue)
- 56th & Broadway (1756 Broadway)
- 53rd & Third (880 Third Avenue)
- 46th & Eighth (750 8th Avenue)
- Metrotech (2 Metrotech)
- Penn Station (2 Penn Plaza)
- Central Park South (100 Central Park South)
- 32nd & Park (2 Park Avenue)
- 11th & F (1800 M Street Northwest)
- 18th & M (1155 F Street Northwest)
In addition, we will be offering Pret delivery through Grubhub/Seamless across New York City so you can get your Pret favorites delivered to your doorstep. Delivery is also coming soon to Washington, D.C.
Pret takes pride in the standards we have in our shops and we’re dedicated to creating safe, delicious food and coffee, prepared and served by our wonderful team members. We've put in place a number of social distancing measures to align with the advice from the CDC and local health authorities:
- Our shops will be open for take-away & order pick-up only.
- A maximum of 6 customers will be allowed at a time.
- Floor markers have been installed to support social distancing & keeping 6 ft apart.
- Protective barriers have been installed at our front counters to keep our customers & team safe.
- We're only accepting contactless payment (Pret App, Apple Pay, or Credit Card)
- We've enforced a robust hand wash policy for all of our staff which includes even stricter guidelines for team members preparing food in the kitchens. Our teams have always thoroughly washed their hands every 20 minutes when handling food or more frequently as needed.
- We have increased the frequency of sanitizing all high contact surfaces in our shops to a minimum of once every 20 minutes. High contact areas include things such as door handles and tables.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for our customers.
- Social distancing guidelines will also be followed in our kitchens.
A huge thank you to our Team Members who have volunteered to come back to work to make this possible. They will be paid 1.5 times their rate through May. We are committed to supporting the rest of our Pret family through this challenging time. We reached the difficult decision to furlough most of our U.S. employees and are working with our teams to ensure they receive the full benefits possible under the CARES Act legislation. We will cover 100% of employee medical benefits through the end of May for those on our medical plan. While we realize this situation presents major challenges for our team members across the organization, we have taken this action to ensure that Pret and our Pret family have a brighter future once we emerge from this crisis.
Since March, over 216,000 pounds of our unsold food and ingredients have been donated to our food rescue partners, local hospitals, schools, and police stations, to help feed those in need and on the front lines. We're working on additional ways to rescue as much of our ingredients as possible and continue to support our local communities.
Our dedicated team will continue to closely monitor the situation and are looking to reopen as quickly as possible in a limited and safe manner. We hope to serve your favorite food and drinks soon in the very near future. In the meantime, stay healthy and look after each other.
If you have any questions about the steps we are taking, please do get in touch.
With love from everyone at Pret,
President, Pret US